Friday, May 23, 2014

Why am I oozing??

Two days ago I woke up with swollen eyes and had to peel my face off the pillow again. Haven't had to do that in a while. My skin is hurting as if Im back in month 3 of my withdrawal. Why is this happening? Is it because my 3 week liver detox ended and I reintroduced all the yummy things I had been avoiding (sugar, mainly)? Is it the Hand Foot Mouth disease working its way out of my system? Is it the residual stress from my baby's ER visit? I'm thinking it's a combination of all of the above, with diet sitting at the top of the list. Ugh. My hands are hurting the most. See pics below.







Im just so dryyyyyy. As if I just started moisturizer withdrawal. I thought it was supposed to get easier after that? Why am I still in so much pain, daily? 

In an effort to cheer myself up, here are things I no longer have to deal with:
Red, BURNING skin
Inability to regulate body temperature
Keeping my hair off my neck 
Oozing and sticking to sheets, for the most part
Crying every day, multiple times a day, in pain. Now I only cry a couple times a month.

I just want to get to a point where I feel comfortable going out in public. And can sleep without a slew of medications that are doing God knows what to my insides. The other day, my pharmacist questioned if I really needed ALL these meds to sleep? "YES, FOOL!" No I didn't actually call her a fool but like HELLO obviously there's a doctor who is specially trained in this kind of situation who called these in. If I don't take the meds, then 1) I cant fall asleep before 5-6am and 2) I hover in REM sleep, not really feeling rested when I wake up. Actually, #2 happens regardless. Will I ever sleep normally again??

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are still in pain! I started a no sugar/gluten/dairy/caffeine diet this past week. Not easy at all! I have seen a lot of improvement but I also went back on my glutathione for healing so hard to say what is working better. All I know is like you, I look at the whole picture and know that many factors affect my skin. Will stopping sugar stop the flares? No, but in my opinion I think the added stressors make our flares worse. Hoping you start to get relief soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That diet is so difficult! I've been gluten/dairy free for ages but my weakness is definitely sugar. Are you cutting out ALL sugar (fruits included) or just added sugar? And in what form do you take the glutathione? Thanks for the support, btw! Glad you're at the end stages of your tsw, can't wait to be there myself.

      Delete
  2. It's the sugar, it definitely encourages inflammation and your body is extremely weak right now so anything sets it off :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I definitely notice every time I go sugar crazy that I have really bad itch attacks that night, it's just so hard to avoid. I do good all day but then nighttime hits and I need my fix. It's truly an addiction! Stupid sugar! lol

      Delete