Friday, April 25, 2014

Month 5, Day 1

Woohoo! I'm in month 5! Which means I'm that much closer to healing. I feel optimistic today which I think is due to my increase in energy. Now it's only been 2 days that I've noticed some extra energy but hey it's better than not having any at all. I'm still not getting to sleep until around 3:30am and sleeping until 11 with one wakeup around 9. And I don't remember the last time I took a nap during the day. Not for 2 weeks at least. Progress! The itching is definitely not as bad as it was when I was moisturizing but I do still get my itch attacks. Now my wrists/hands are the worst, followed by neck/jaw/cheeks. I have been using the clofibrate ointment on a few select areas, as mentioned in my last post, but haven't noticed any improvement. If I don't see any in the next week or two I'm just going to give up on it. What works for one clearly may not work for another. Oh well! I guess I was hoping for a miracle cream but those were high hopes indeed.

So anyway, I'm starting my 3 week liver detox program today, as prescribed by my functional medicine doctor. All 3 weeks do not allow anything processed, no gluten, dairy, or soy, nothing high glycemic and no sugar at all unless a low glycemic fruit. No red meat, no bacon (ahhhh a paleo nightmare), no alcohol or caffeine, etc etc. I have to drink this protein shake which is quite disgusting but at this point, I'm willing to try anything! I couldn't seem to get the sugar out of my diet so this program, or "challenge" as I see it, will push me to do so. I know a lot of people think diet has no effect on this process, and for some that may be true, but for me sugar is definitely a trigger for flaring. And I looooove me some dessert! So I'm hopeful to see how this detox effects my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment