Saturday, April 12, 2014

Last night was bad

My period is over so I'm waiting for this flare to die down. Today it actually feels ok. I even laid out in the sun for about 20 minutes and was totally fine. A month ago I would not have been able to do that. It would've felt like my neck was on fire and stung like crazy. So it's weird that I feel so good today considering how bad last night was. I had a 3 hour itch attack from 2:30am - 5:30am at which point I finally passed out from sheer exhaustion and managed to sleep for 4 straight hours with a brief itch attack at 9:30am and then slept for another 3 hours. Lately I've been waking every other hour like clockwork, it drives me nuts. Anyway, I go back and forth on whether I think my diet plays a part in my eczema. But it definitely seems like whenever I eat a bunch of junk food (sugar, chips, etc) I have problems sleeping and itch a lot more. It's always the day after a bad night that I eat well and have an okay night. Which leads to another junk food binge the next day and a bad night again. And so the cycle continues. You would think that in noticing this pattern, I would lay off the junk food, right? Well it's really hard! Next week my functional medicine doctor is sending me some detox info she wants me to look over and see if I'm up for it. It'll be some kind if limited diet, I know that much. We shall see! Hopeful for a good nights rest tonight. Again, we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment