Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Almost 4 months down!

Every day is up and down. One day my skin feels great and the next day it sucks. My diet definitely plays a big part in this. Whenever I eat lots of sugar & carbs, my skin flares the next day or two. I feel like I've been in a constant flare since this all started. When will it end?! I'm still gluten & dairy free but my functional medicine dr has me starting a liver detox program. There will be absolutely no processed foods, sugar, caffeine, alcohol for all of the 3 weeks and then in week 2 I will eliminate all meat. During this protocol, I will be taking a shake called UltraClear+ 1x/day the first few days, 1x/day the end of the first week, then 3x/day in week 2 and back down to 2x/day and then 1x/day in the final week. So I'll let you know how it goes!

I also ordered this ointment from Dr. Fukaya called Clofibrate. I saw it on ahfaye's blog (byebyesteroids.blogspot.com) and it seemed to work wonders for her! I'm scared to use it since I've not been using moisturizers at all but I have to try it based on her before/after pics. Anything to try to speed up this process!

Here are some pics of the last few weeks.





The pictures don't really do it justice. It feels alot worse than it looks. My hands have been super itchy and my neck is still driving me crazy. Now my cheeks have been itching alot too and of course oozing a little if I go to town on them. On a positive note, I think my upper lip area is finally starting to heal. I hope to have more positive news in the coming weeks! Happy healing :) xo

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap if you feel worse than the pictures, I am so sorry. TSW is a monster!!! I know clofibrate is a hit or a miss - I hope it gives you some respite. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you are correct! I haven't noticed any improvement so far. If I don't see some results in the next week I'll probably just stop using it. Did you experiment with it as well??

      Delete